Do you feel frustrated or down about your financial situation?
If you think you’re destined to be a financial failure, it’s time to think again.
The things you tell yourself and the way you talk to yourself have a tremendous impact on your life. It may seem like humility sometimes, but the reality is, you’re hurting yourself more than you realize.
If you want to have a positive relationship with money and enjoy financial abundance, it might be time to try some financial affirmations.
What Are Financial Affirmations?
A financial affirmation is a statement you tell yourself to build a more positive vision of your relationship with money.
Positive thinking in general can have a tremendous impact on your life.
Creating and repeating financial or abundance affirmations is a great way to overcome any negative money mindset issues you may have.
Why Your Money Mindset Matters
When I was growing up, money was never really spoken about. The only thing I actually remember overhearing once was “You’ve got to spend money to make money.”
Hearing that as a child and with no real context, well you can imagine where my spending habit started.
A lot of people grow up surrounded by an attitude of scarcity or guilt around money or a hostility towards success that hinders them from hitting their financial goals as an adult.
In order to have healthy finances, you need to establish a positive mindset toward money.
As Henry Ford said, “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right.”
Your thoughts are a powerful and often unseen driver of your actions and without understanding what you’re giving off you can’t control what you’re attracting.
This brings us to the Law of Attraction.
What’s the Law of Attraction?
The Law of Attraction is the idea that you attract more of what you focus on. Whatever you put your energy into will be amplified and you’ll attract more of it.
For example, if you’re always focusing on the negative, more negative things will come your way. Similarly, positive thinking will result in more positive outcomes.
What’s interesting about this is that you control the things you focus on.
While you can’t control what happens to you, you can control how you respond to it.
By choosing to have a positive attitude you’re priming yourself to attract more abundance into your life.
How Financial Affirmations Can Help
If you’ve got a less than positive relationship with money, or even if you just want to attract more of it, money affirmations can help.
By choosing a few money mantras to repeat daily, you’ll start to notice not just a shift in your attitude, but an actual change in your financial health.
Money affirmations aren’t a magic pill that you swallow before bed and POOF you wake up debt-free the next morning.
But if you’re open to the concept and make a point to develop an affirmation habit, you WILL notice a difference.
Any money mistakes you used to make will be replaced with more positive action as you learn new skills that help you progress along your financial journey.
Positive money affirmations will replace negative thought and a scarcity mindset with an abundance mindset leading you toward financial independence.
The Rules of Positive Affirmations
I don’t know that there are really any “rules” per se, apart from having a positive attitude.
We’re all familiar with destructive inner talk like: “I can’t do this.” “This is too hard.” “I’m not good enough.”
A negative mindset focused on obstacles and doubt will attract negativity into your life and allow limiting beliefs to get in the way of your financial success.
Similarly, positive thought and abundance thinking attract good things into your life.
Focus on the positive.
Use “I am” or “I will” statements followed by your aspiration.
If you start to notice negative thoughts creeping in, think about how you can re-word them into a positive affirmation.
Turn “I can’t do this” into “I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.”
List of Financial Affirmations
It can feel awkward getting started with affirmations and coming up with your own money mantras can be a daunting prospect.
Here are some of my favorites (grouped by topic) to get started with:
Positive Money Mindset Affirmations
- I attract success and wealth.
- There is always more than enough money in my life.
- I control my money. Money doesn’t control me.
- I am grateful for the abundance of wealth in my life.
- I am focused and committed to achieving my financial goal.
- I will persist no matter what obstacles I encounter.
- I am in complete control of my financial life.
- I have the confidence and persistence needed to succeed.
- I am totally committed to building my financial wealth.
- I am completely focused on being financially successful.
Financial Affirmations for Income
- I am a money magnet.
- Money comes to me in increasing amounts from multiple sources on a continual basis.
- My income has unlimited potential.
- Money flows freely to me.
- My income is constantly increasing.
- I have the skills and attitude required to successfully reach my financial goals.
- I will make money to take care of my family and have a positive impact in my community.
- Wealth, abundance, and financial stability all come to me naturally.
- I am committed to building wealth.
- I am completely ready to achieve the financial goals I have set.
- I make spending decisions in alignment with my values.
- I track my expenses and know where my money is going at all times.
- I have the discipline to make the financial choices today that will benefit me in the future.
- I spend less than I earn.
- My actions create prosperity.
- I have the power to build the wealth I desire.
- I always spend my money wisely.
- I am taking the steps to live a more frugal lifestyle.
- I enjoy having complete awareness of my money situation.
- I am living on last month’s income.
- I am always finding more ways to save money.
- I have a positive attitude towards my money situation.
- I enjoy living frugally.
- I am building up a 3-month emergency fund to protect my financial future.
- I am becoming someone who makes amazing financial decisions.
- It’s easy for me to save money.
- I’m naturally good at making financial decisions that increase my savings.
- Saving money makes me happy.
- I am wise with my money.
- I am committed to saving and investing my money.
Debt Payoff Affirmations
- I am committed to eliminating all debt from my life.
- I will only spend money on things I need.
- My debt doesn’t define me.
- I am responsible with my money.
- I am worthy of financial freedom.
- I am happy living an abundant and frugal lifestyle.
- I am deliberate in my spending decisions.
- I am committed to living a debt-free life.
- I am committed to becoming financially independent.
- I am excited to be debt-free.
How many affirmations should I have?
There’s no set number of affirmations you should have. You should have as many as you feel you need, but not so many you start to tune them out.
Start with one or two to get in the daily habit of repeating them and then add on as you see fit.
Where should I put my affirmations?
If you want to make reading your affirmations a daily action, it’s best to stick them somewhere you’ll see them regularly.
Use a sticky note on the bathroom mirror or your computer monitor, or create a screensaver or wallpaper on your phone or desktop to keep your affirmations close by.
I like to add a money affirmation to my savings trackers to give me a double dose of inspiration.
Are there affirmations apps to help me?
There are several apps that can help make daily affirmations easier to remember.
I like the app I Am for hourly affirmation alerts to help me stay grounded and positive throughout the day.
Think Up is another popular app that lets you record affirmations in your own voice and set daily reminders to listen to them each day.
Manifesting money through positive financial affirmations may sound too good to be true, but there are enough anecdotes around to suggest it’s worth trying out.
You may not manifest instant riches, but you will discover your self-confidence growing in tandem with your new attitude towards money.
If daily financial affirmations intrigue you, I encourage you to keep an open mind and give them a shot.
Do you have an affirmation win? Share it in the comments!